top of page
ACF SUSTAINABILITY MONTH.
Make A Difference, Act Now, and Be Sustainable
Sustainability is more than just recycling and using less plastic; it also includes many other social and environmental factors. The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) approach consists of a number of initiatives with targets for global implementation by 2030.
The ACF is committed to doing our part to help achieve these goals by supporting and engaging with charities that are striving to:
Eradicate poverty and hunger,
Improve one's health and wellbeing; and
Promote climate change action
During April, there will be a number of volunteer and fundraising events related to one or more SDGs. Please access the events featured in our Sustainability Month schedule below.
- Sat, 15 AprUnit 04 and 05, 17/F ,World Peace Centre15 Apr, 10:00 am – 12:00 pmUnit 04 and 05, 17/F ,World Peace Centre, 55 Wo Tong Tsui St, Kwai Chung, Hong KongUse soap powder, food colorings and cookie molds to give shape to your imagination! The hygiene kits will be distributed to the underprivileged. This activity is suitable for families and kids!
- Sun, 16 AprUnit A, 5/F , Sum Lung Industrial Bldg
- Tue, 18 AprVista Ballroom, AC Country Club
- Thu, 20 AprVista Ballroom, AC Country Club20 Apr, 10:30 amVista Ballroom, AC Country Club, 28 Tai Tam Rd, Tai Tam, Hong KongCan you help make our Sip, Style & Shop event run smoothly? We are looking for the following roles to be filled: (1) 4 x Cashiers; (2) 2 x Raffle Table Volunteers; (3) 4 x Changing Room Assistants; (4) 6 x Shop Floor Volunteers; (5) 2 x BeCandle Store Volunteers. A Free Goody Bag for all volunteers
- Thu, 20 AprVista Ballroom
- Sat, 22 Apr1FL, Room L&K Wai Cheung Industrial Bldg22 Apr, 9:30 am – 11:30 am1FL, Room L&K Wai Cheung Industrial Bldg, Wai Cheung Industrial Building, 5 Shek Pai Tau Rd, Tuen Mun, Hong KongV Cycle’s, "Learn about recycling!” empowers Hongkongers to correctly recycle their single-use plastic and re-think the impact of their everyday choices. Volunteers are invited to experience the recycling process at the V Cycle factory.
- Sat, 22 AprChung Hom Kok Beach
- Tue, 25 AprUnit B, 14/F, Koon Wo Industrial Bldg25 Apr, 2:30 pm – 5:30 pmUnit B, 14/F, Koon Wo Industrial Bldg, Koon Wo Industrial Building, 63 Ta Chuen Ping St, Shek Lei, Hong KongVolunteer to sort the unwanted clothing from Hongkongers in order to redistribute it for re-sale at Redress' secondhand stores, re-use by those in need in their community through their work with 10+ local charity partners, or recycling.
- Wed, 26 AprThe Clipper, American Club Town Club26 Apr, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pmThe Clipper, American Club Town Club, 8 Connaught Place 48-49 Floors, Two Exchange Square Central, Central, Hong KongThis seminar titled “Is Fast Fashion Fashionable?” will highlight the impact of fast fashion on the environment and how can you reduce your impact. Join us for our conscientious cocktails at The American Club Town Club.
- Sat, 29 AprS.K.H. Holy Trinity Church Secondary Sch
bottom of page